[Pangloss] status update 08-09-2003

Steve Purkis spurkis at mkdoc.com
Tue Sep 9 16:11:40 BST 2003

On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 02:56  pm, Bruno Postle wrote:

> On Mon 08-Sep-2003 at 02:22:17PM +0100, Steve Purkis wrote:
>>
>> The distribution is available at:
>>
>> 	http://staging.quiup.com/perl/Pangloss-2003-09-08.tar.gz
>
> Ok, some minor install things with the Pangloss-current downloaded
> today:
>
> Warning: the following files are missing in your kit:
>         bin/test.pl

Yeah - haven't done 'make manifest' yet, I usually do all the changes
in one go...  ta for pointing that out.

> I can run `make` after fixing Build.PL and replacing the test.pl
> reference with pg_test_server.

Ha, another good catch!  Fixed.

> Though `make test` fails with:

Yep, that was a note-to-self which I've only just removed minutes
before reading this.

> If I try and run pg_test_server, I get a mysql error:
>
> $ perl bin/pg_test_server
> could not connect to pixie store dbi:mysql:dbname=pangloss: DBI
> connect('dbname=pangloss','',...) failed: Access denied for user:
> '@localhost' to database 'pangloss' at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/DBIx/AnyDBD.pm line 35
>
> I guess I need to setup pangloss with MySQL from now on?

Nope, you can set the Pixie DSN like so:

	bin/pg_test_server --dsn=memory

or by setting PG_PIXIE_DSN in your environment.  See Pangloss::Config
docs for more details.

> Also Pangloss::Shell uses Term::ReadKey, but this isn't listed in
> Build.PL.

Added, thanks.

-Steve