[Pangloss] Re: strange chars & tests

Steve Purkis spurkis at mkdoc.com
Mon Aug 18 13:49:02 BST 2003

On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 11:35  pm, Chris Croome wrote:
> On Thu 14-Aug-2003 at 04:18:19PM +0100, Bruno Postle wrote:

>>> Any light you can shed on this would be appreciated.  At the moment,
>>> the only solution I can think of is to avoid using   and other
>>> entities.
>
> I expect it is something to do with the fact that while these are
> valid XHTML entities they are not XML entities and Petal uses an XML
> parser...?

Then maybe Petal could escape entities it doesn't recognize so they
just pass through to the delivered document as-is?  Don't know if
that's feasible, but I'll suggest it on the Petal list.

> Try changing all the named entities to numeric ones... it might fix
> it :-)

I think John tried that a while ago, but they still just 'disappeared'.
  At any rate, I think I'll just avoid the whole problem and remove them
altogether.

Thanks for the heads-up.

-Steve