[Pangloss] status update 01-08-2003

Steve Purkis spurkis at mkdoc.com
Wed Aug 13 17:09:24 BST 2003

Hey Bruno,

Thanks for the feedback...  keep on reading for the answers.

On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 01:43  pm, Bruno Postle wrote:

> On Fri 01-Aug-2003 at 06:49:53PM +0100, Steve Purkis wrote:
>>
>> 	http://staging.quiup.com/perl/Pangloss-2003-08-01.tar.gz
>
> I've just installed this version, getting it running was more or
> less uneventful.
>
> I haven't played with it yet, but just to prove that I'm paying
> attention, there are a couple of things I noticed:
>
> Setting the PREFIX doesn't work, pangloss gets installed to
> /usr/local/pangloss/ regardless.

I forgot to update the docs when I moved to Module::Build - it uses
'install_base' instead.  That's fixed now.

> Every page that I view has a big Petal error at the top, which is
> kind-of annoying:
>
> [PETAL ERROR] Cannot access hash at '' with parameters (near like:

That's because Petal isn't picking up the included plugins.  You can
fix it by running:

	perl -I$PG_HOME/lib $PG_HOME/bin/test.pl

This bug has been reported to the Petal list; I've yet to take the time
to investigate it further, so I'll update the docs until it's fixed.

-Steve