[Pangloss] status update 01-08-2003

Steve Purkis spurkis at mkdoc.com
Fri Aug 1 19:49:53 BST 2003

Hi all,

After a good week in Paris at YAPC::EU (where the official language of
the Paris.pm and London.pm websites were auctioned off... Esperanto
here we come! :), this week sees more regular changes to Pangloss.

Apache Integration
This was fairly painless, and Pangloss now loads under Apache/mod_perl
1.3.28.  A sample config file has been added under
'conf/sample-httpd.conf'.  This is a stepping stone for integration
with MKDoc.

Searching
The Pager still needs more work, but the navigation is now more
intuitive as I've updated how the filters work in the backend.  It will
get better still - after a conversation with Dan we've decided to
introduce checkboxes next week.

Module::Build
I've switched over to Module::Build from MakeMaker as a build tool.

I've also rewritten the Todo list as it was getting a bit silly.

This week's distro available at:

	http://staging.quiup.com/perl/Pangloss-2003-08-01.tar.gz

The staging server (not yet running Apache) is still at:

	http://staging.quiup.com:8888/

-Steve