Sessions and Users, was: Re: [Pangloss] [RFC] OpenFrame AppKit ideas

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at mkdoc.com
Wed Apr 9 20:33:56 BST 2003

> So far the above approach has worked with MKDoc -- no body has come
> up with a concrete example of something that sessions are needed

In defense of Steve I would argue that sessions are just a more elegant
way of solving common problems such as authentication / authorization
and data caching. To make a comparison I never saw the need to use XHTML
strict rather than HTML 3.2, tables and font face tags which are a lot
more popular since we've always been separating presentation from
content with templates...