Sessions and Users, was: Re: [Pangloss] [RFC] OpenFrame AppKit ideas

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at mkdoc.com
Wed Apr 9 12:12:20 BST 2003

> > I was assuming all users (including googlebot) would have a
> > session.
>
> If all users have sessions and some users don't support cookies then
> doesn't that rule out cookies for sessions?

I assume that steve would be issuing a new session for each request,
which I think would be fine for GoogleBot.

Steve you're going to have a hard time here. For some reason which I am
not aware of Chris is pathologically allergic to cookies and he'll bash
and bite until you find a way to do without...

As for URL-encoded session ids, don't even think about it :-)

Playing the evil devil's advocate, Chris has an interesting exercise:

1/ What do you need sessions for?
2/ Give a concrete example.

Best Regards,
--