[Pangloss] [RFC] OpenFrame AppKit ideas

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Mon Apr 7 17:22:19 BST 2003

Hi

(Sending this back on the list...)

On Mon 07-Apr-2003 at 04:09:51PM +0100, Steve Purkis wrote:

> No worries - the place where this will affect you (if you work on
> Pangloss templates ever) is at the localisation level in the
> templates.
>
> So the application framework underlying Pangloss has to choose
> templates somehow.  Maybe in a similar fashion to the way MKDoc
> chooses <template>/<language>.html ?

Yes that would be fine, also the way Apache does it for content neg /
multiviews would be OK:

  index.html.el
  index.html.en
  index.html.es
  index.html.fr

Though the disadvantage of this is that in some editors (vim) you
then have to set the syntax highlighting to HTML because it sees the
file type as .en or whatever.

On the subject of content neg / multiviews -- perhaps this is
somethin we would want to do for languages, based on the browsers
preferences?

More info:

  Content Negotiation
  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/content-negotiation.html

> And then there's the localised messages from the application..
> they have to come from somewhere?

Hmmm, can they come from pangloss, can it eat it's own dog food as
it were...?