[MKSearch-dev] http://test.mksearch.mkdoc.org/ down?

Phil Shaw phil at mkdoc.com
Sun Mar 9 10:39:03 GMT 2008

On Monday, February 25, 2008 at 16:50, Jeff Albro wrote:

> I can confirm that the site is back up... but it is still not working
> for me... How sensitive it is to java version?
> I'm using:
>
> export mk_build=/home/jalbro/mksearch/build
> export mk_home=/home/jalbro/mksearch
> #export CLASSPATH=/usr/share/java/libgcj-3.4.1.jar
> export CLASSPATH=/usr/share/java/libgcj-3.4.3.jar
>
> And I get the error below.  I also got it with gij-jspider.

> exception during spidering
> java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.List
> java.util.List

Jeff,

This exception does suggest a Java version conflict, it may be that
the java.util.List version the source was compiled against is not
compatible with your runtime system.

To ensure your installation is compatible with your runtime
environment, follow these instructions on compiling with GCJ on
Linux:

http://www.mksearch.mkdoc.org/howto/build-mksearch-with-gcj/

Hope this helps.

Phil

--
MKSearch (beta)

http://www.mksearch.mkdoc.org/

Free, open source metadata search engine with RDF storage
and query.