[MKSearch-dev] (Fwd) Re: Relative URI rather than full qualified ones, was: R

Phil Shaw phil at mkdoc.com
Wed May 31 23:53:10 BST 2006

Another note that should go to the list...

From:           	Phil Shaw <phil at mkdoc.com>
To:             	Chris Croome <chris at webarchitects.co.uk>
Subject:        	Re: Relative URI rather than full qualified ones, was: Re: [MKSearch-dev] Setting up MKSearch
Send reply to:  	phil at mkdoc.com
Date sent:      	Mon, 09 Jan 2006 17:40:05 -0000

On 9 Jan 2006 at 16:08, Chris Croome wrote:

> I have amended server.xml but, as I expected, this hasn't removed port
> numbers, the links now point to addresses such as:
>
>   http://mksearch.dev.webarch.net:8080/mksearch/?property=dc.subject
>
> And since I want all requests to tomcat to go via apache on port 80 this
> hasn't solved anything...

Chris,

Well, one step closer to nirvana... You need to get Tomcat to run as
if it is behind a proxy. Add these attributes to the Connector
element in server.xml:

proxyName="mksearch.dev.webarch.net"
proxyPort="80"

Tomcat is will still operate on 8080, but the servlets its running
will behave as if they are on the default port and drop the explicit
port reference. I have tested this locally and it does the trick.

Best regards,

Phil

MKSearch (beta)

http://www.mksearch.mkdoc.org/

Free, open source metadata search engine with RDF storage and query.