[MKSearch-dev] Jspider postgres problems

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Mon Jan 23 15:56:10 GMT 2006

Hi

I'm still struggling with jspider and postgres...

Earlier today I did have jspider adding triples to a mksearch_test
database, but then I dropped the db and recreated it and now I can't get
this working again... the test scripts run fine (java-pgsql-test.sh and
gij-pgsql-test.sh using conf/rdfstoredb/plugins/rdfstore.properties) but
this is the output from running jspider:

@jspider.version.string@
Build: @build.DSTAMP@
Started from .
[Engine] jspider.home=/var/mksearch
[Engine] default output folder=/var/mksearch/output
[Engine] starting with configuration 'rdfstoredb'
first trying to instantiate via ctr with (name, config) params
plugin 'console' prefix is '[Plugin]'
adding space after prefix
Prefix set to '[Plugin] '
plugin instantiated.
Plugin not configured for local event filtering
Plugin Name    : Console writer JSpider module
Plugin Version : v1.0
Plugin Vendor  : http://www.javacoding.net
first trying to instantiate via ctr with (name, config) params
cannot instantiate module - constructor with name and PropertySet params not found
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: <init>
plugin not yet instantiated, trying via ctr with (config) param
Custom application profile com.mkdoc.schema.UKeGMSProfile loaded.
Error casting to StoreManager. Check your configuration file. Could not create repository. Unable to load JDBC-driver 'org.postgresql.Driver'
plugin instantiated.

It does continue to spider sites but no data is written to the database.

Do you have any suggestions?