[MKSearch-dev] Database ident authentication

Phil Shaw phil at mkdoc.com
Thu Jan 12 10:18:21 GMT 2006

Chris,

This morning I updated my own FC4 build and ran the database test
script. There were a couple of bash script corrections, which I have
checked in. Most of the test program completed, but ultimately got
the error:

Error getting database connection.
Connection rejected: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user
"phil".

I suspect you will find the same.

This is good, because it shows the driver is loaded and can
communicate with the postmaster. I'll take a deeper look this
afternoon, but if you take a look at the notes in
/var/lib/pgsql/pg_hba.conf you may be able to tweak the configuration
and get it working yourself.

A 'host' configuration with local IP and simple ident before the
other lines may do the trick, but I haven't tested it.

host all all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 ident

If the postmaster is running, you'll need to force a refresh of the
configuration:

pg_ctl reload

More later.

Phil

--
MKSearch (beta)

http://www.mksearch.mkdoc.org/

Free, open source metadata search engine with RDF storage and query.