[MKSearch-dev] Sample database storage configuration and scripts

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Wed Jan 11 11:31:46 GMT 2006

Hi

On Tue 10-Jan-2006 at 04:52:56PM -0000, Phil Shaw wrote:

> see the draft instructions here:
>
> http://www.mksearch.mkdoc.org/howto/database-storage-configuration/

OK, I'm working through these (the tomcat install from the other day
seemed to have locked up the shadow groups file which was causing the
postgresql-server install to fail... which had me confused for a
while...), the FC4 postgresql-jdbc package contains
/usr/share/java/postgresql-8.0-314.jdbc3.jar -- I guess I should I use
this rather than the one from the lib-opt directory and adjust the paths
in these files?

  $mk_home/bin/gij-jspider-pgsql.sh
  $mk_home/bin/java-jspider-pgsql.sh
  $mk_home/bin/java-jspider-pgsql.bat

Or doesn't it not matter?

BTW $mk_home/bin/java-jspider-pgsql.sh in the docs is
java-jspider-psql.sh in the repo:

  https://svn.mkdoc.com/mksearch/trunk/bin/