[MKSearch-dev] Re: Setting MKSearch

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Tue Jan 10 10:33:22 GMT 2006

Hi

On Mon 09-Jan-2006 at 01:42:32PM +0000, Chris Croome wrote:

> On Thu 05-Jan-2006 at 06:22:19PM -0000, Phil Shaw wrote:
>
> I see that each time java-jspider.sh [is run] it clobbers
> com.mkdoc.store.LocalStoreManager.rdf rather than updating / adding to
> it? Or perhaps the problems is that I haven't yet done the multi-site
> setup stuff...?
>
> > To configure for multiple sites, you will need to edit the rules in
> > the configuration files, see these for example:
> >
> > $mk_home/conf/rdfstore/sites.properties
> > $mk_home/conf/rdfstore/sites/default.properties
> > $mk_home/conf/rdfstore/sites/mksearch.mkdoc.org.properties
>
> OK... so as a minimum a file like this is needed for each site?
>
>   $mk_home/conf/rdfstore/sites/example.org.properties
>
> And doing this addresses the com.mkdoc.store.LocalStoreManager.rdf
> clobbering issue?

So I have set up multiple spider config files:

  $ ls $mk_home/conf/rdfstore/sites/ | grep www
  www.bndfc.co.uk.properties
  www.boothcentre.org.uk.properties
  www.centre.public.org.uk.properties
  www.imece.org.uk.properties
  www.irishdemocrat.co.uk.properties
  www.mkdoc.com.properties
  www.mkdoc.org.properties
  www.movingonup.info.properties
  www.mutt.blackfish.org.uk.properties
  www.poolescavern.co.uk.properties
  www.portlandpartnership.net.properties
  www.st-tims.org.uk.properties
  www.uhlc.org.uk.properties
  www.waltheof.webarch.net.properties
  www.webarchitects.co.uk.properties

These are all exactly the same as mksearch.mkdoc.org.properties.

And I have written this script to spider these sites:

  #!/bin/bash
  # index mkdoc sites

  for a in www.bndfc.co.uk www.boothcentre.org.uk www.centre.public.org.uk www.imece.org.uk www.irishdemocrat.co.uk www.mkdoc.com www.mkdoc.org www.mksearch.mkdoc.org www.movingonup.info www.mutt.blackfish.org.uk www.notes.webarchitects.co.uk www.poolescavern.co.uk www.portlandpartnership.net www.st-tims.org.uk www.uhlc.org.uk www.waltheof.webarch.net www.webarchitects.co.uk
    do
      $mk_home/bin/java-jspider.sh http://$a/ rdfstore
  done

  # copy the file into place
  cp $mk_home/output/com.mkdoc.store.LocalStoreManager.rdf $mk_home/src/app/WEB-INF/rdf/

  # copy the war file into place
  sudo cp $mk_home/dist/mksearch.war /var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/

  # restart tomcat
  sudo /etc/init.d/tomcat5 restart

But I does what I feared -- creates a
com.mkdoc.store.LocalStoreManager.rdf for each site and then clobbers it
so that there is only ever the metadata from one site in this file at
any one time...

I'm sure I have something set up wrong... can you shed any light on
this...?