[MKSearch-dev] Setting up MKSearch

Phil Shaw phil at mkdoc.com
Mon Jan 9 15:02:23 GMT 2006

On 9 Jan 2006 at 14:16, Chris Croome wrote:

> > But, when I search for documents contributed to by "Chris Croome" I get
> > no results:
> >
> >   http://mksearch.dev.webarch.net/mksearch/HttpQuery?dc.subject=&dc.contributor=Chris+Croome&type=html&limit=10
> >
> > But I'm down as a contributor to the front page of the site...

Chris,

You've hit on an interesting variation on FAQ #1:

http://mksearch.dev.webarch.net/mksearch/Help.jsp

> And the output/com.mkdoc.store.LocalStoreManager.rdf file contains:
>
>          <ns2:contributor>Chris Croome, chris at webarchitects.co.uk</ns2:contributor>

Your query needs quotes so it is not regarded as "Chris" or "Croome",
and a wildcard to match against the email address part:

"Chris Croome*"

See:

http://mksearch.dev.webarch.net/mksearch/HttpQuery?dc.subject=&dc.cont
ributor=%22Chris+Croome%2A%22&type=html&limit=10

You can get the same results with just dc.contributor=*Croome*

http://mksearch.dev.webarch.net/mksearch/HttpQuery?dc.subject=&dc.cont
ributor=%2ACroome%2A&type=html&limit=10

Or by email: dc.contributor=*chris at webarchitects.co.uk

http://mksearch.dev.webarch.net/mksearch/HttpQuery?dc.subject=&dc.cont
ributor=%2Achris%40webarchitects.co.uk&type=html&limit=10

If you look up the contributors index it lists all contributors and
the full field text:

http://mksearch.dev.webarch.net/mksearch/index.jsp?property=dc.contrib
utor

When you have added the domain to the server.xml configuration, you
will be able to browse this index directly from the home page. See by
subject:

http://mksearch.dev.webarch.net/mksearch/index.jsp?property=dc.subject

Best regards,

Phil
--
MKSearch (beta)

http://www.mksearch.mkdoc.org/

Free, open source metadata search engine with RDF storage and query.