[MKSearch-dev] Content-Encoding: gzip on test site

Phil Shaw phil at mkdoc.com
Wed Sep 28 18:37:44 BST 2005

I had some pretty grave problems upgrading to FC4 last week and
had to wipe the partition FC3 was on and start over. That also
screwed up my dual Windows 2000 boot configuration. The good
news is that disk druid is pretty handy and I used it to set up some
of the FC system directories on a second 120GB disk I got last
year. Lots of spare room now.

I have found a couple of regression bugs in GCJ 4.0/Classpath that
affect MKSearch and I think I may have found another, I just need
to check. Has anyone changed the content encoding settings on
the test server recently? Now it has:

http://test.mksearch.mkdoc.org/
Vary: Accept-Encoding, User-Agent

This causes a problem where the URL stream is truncated. This
didn't happen with my FC3 installation before last week. It is
possible to work around this by explicitly setting the Accept-
Encoding header in the request.

I would like to report the bug, but wanted to check whether the
server had been changed recently and triggered bad behaviour that
was there all along, or whether it's just the new version of GCJ.

Best regards,

Phil

--
MKSearch (alpha)

http://www.mksearch.mkdoc.org/

Free, open source metadata search engine with RDF storage and query.