[MKSearch-dev] Week 55 round up

Phil Shaw phil at mkdoc.com
Fri Oct 28 18:14:42 BST 2005

I fixed a long standing problem with the Hansel test coverage
configuration this week, which meant that coverage statistics dropped
to 57%. In the course of the week I've brought that back up to 88%.
There are a few more classes to cover, but there 4 classes I do not
plan to test now.

I'm starting to prepare some notes for an announcement and the lists
this can go to. If you can think of any more, please shout.

* DC General, DC Tools
* W3C RDF
* Sesame forum
* GCJ developers
* Fedora Java
* Classpath X
* JSpider developers
* JTidy developers

There are new copies of the distributions in Subversion:

https://svn.mkdoc.com/mksearch/dist/mksearch-src-0.1.zip
https://svn.mkdoc.com/mksearch/dist/mksearch-bin-0.1.zip

How to:

http://www.mksearch.mkdoc.org/howto/unpack-and-configure-mksearch/

Best regards,

Phil

Tuesday 25 October
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Checked in some left-overs from Friday. Created first draft beta 1
release notes with licences for MKSearch and package dependencies.
Deleted original versions of GNU JAXP package and JTidy, superseded
by the 1.3 release and CVS versions respectively.

Wednesday 26 October
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Added further release notes, including URLs and licence details, and
a summary of the current state of the distribution. Amended the Ant
build file to make further refinements to the inclusion and exclusion
of files from the repository. Re-made the pre-release beta 1
distributions with licences and release notes, including the latest
versions of the MKSearch JAR and WARs.

Removed an un-used HTTPHeader type reference from the JSpider class
CookieUtil. Created coverage tests for the draft ImportListener class
and StoreQueryResult.

Thursday 27 October
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Added coverage tests for AbstractLocalRepositoryManager, with minimal
MockLocalRepositoryManager. Completed coverage tests for
LocalRepositoryQueryManager.

Friday 28 October
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Added mkHome environment variable to the Java command line in the Ant
scripts to overcome a long-standing problem running Hansel coverage
analysis on the com.mkdoc.jspider package. This is necessary for the
plugin test classes, but brought the overall coverage figure down to
57%.

Completed coverage tests for XhtmlQueryContext, TextQueryContext and
RssQueryContext. Extended the XhtmlQueryContext coverage test to
include AbstractQueryContext, since all the methods are covered in
the primary test suite. Completed coverage tests for
HtmlAndRdfMimeTypeOnlyRule and RdfOnlyMimeTypeRule. Required the
completion of MockSpiderContext, MockStorage, MockResourceDAO and
MockSite to create a working simulation of the JSpider indexing
process.

Made some amendments to PluginApplicationContext,
ServletApplicationContext and AbstractApplicationContext to test the
absolute path of files. Added coverage tests for SimpleQuery.

Completed coverage tests for TextResultRenderer and
RssResultRenderer, with a minor amendment, plus NullQueryResult and
QueryFactory.

Simplified the package declaration in the Hansel coverage test build
to com.mkdoc.* now the cause of the JSpider package exception is
solved.

--
MKSearch (alpha)

http://www.mksearch.mkdoc.org/

Free, open source metadata search engine with RDF storage and query.