[MKSearch-dev] Week 54 update

Phil Shaw phil at mkdoc.com
Fri Oct 21 19:36:03 BST 2005

I've updated the Ant distribution targets to issue separate source
and binary versions of MKSearch. I think I may do a JavaDoc
distribution too. I need to add licences to these releases and check
over a few more things, but the working drafts are in Subversion.

https://svn.mkdoc.com/mksearch/dist/mksearch-bin-0.1.zip
https://svn.mkdoc.com/mksearch/dist/mksearch-src-0.1.zip

There's also a WAR that you can drop into your Tomcat webapps
directory:

https://svn.mkdoc.com/mksearch/dist/mksearch.war

How to:

http://www.mksearch.mkdoc.org/documentation/tomcat-on-fc4/

This includes an index of the MKSearch site from a few weeks ago.

I've gone back this week to fill-in some gaps in the unit tests and
brought coverage up to 88%. I would like to make that 100% for the
beta release.

Best regards,

Phil

Tuesday 18 October
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Created unit test suites for ApplicationContextException and
AbstractApplicationContext with new MockApplicationContext.

Wednesday 19 October
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Created a test suite for QueryResultTag. Required some changes to
MockPageContext and MockHttpServletResponse. Added a clause to the
ServletApplicationContext to throw an ApplicationContextException if
the real path to the store directory cannot be obtained. Various
changes to standardise and optimise StoreManagerFactory.

Completed coverage tests for ServletApplicationContext and
AbstractSchemaProperty with new MockSchemaProperty class.

Thursday 20 October
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brought the Ant build scripts up to date and substituted some hard-
coded file paths for environment variables ant.home and tomcat.home.
Added temporary JSP test build directory and java.home directory to
local.properties. Created templates for Ant local.filters and
local.properties files. Debugged the JSP validation build jspc.xml
and created a bash launch script for it. Updated the mk-ant.sh bash
script with current classpath.

Added property variables to the Ant Hansel code coverage build script
specify the build classpath and an 'excluded' path for mock objects,
required for testing but not for coverage statistics.

Renamed the source distribution zip file to distinguish it from a
separate binary distribution. Added excludes attributes to many of
the Ant zipfileset elements to prevent unnecessary files being
included.

Friday 21 October
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Re-instated the AbstractFileStoreManager coverage tests that had been
disabled some time ago. Required a modification to
MockFileStoreManager to extend the abstract superclass. Deleted the
former AbstractStoreWriterPlugin and AbstractLocalStoreWriterPlugin
classes and their test suites, which have been superseded by the new
store package implementations. Deleted the redundant AbstractPlugin
class.

Completed the unit test for DCElementProperty and extended to
DCTermProperty and UKeGMSProperty. Simplified the property locale
constant assignments in each.

Ameneded all File- and TripleWriter tests to use a new
MockVirtualFileStoreManager class, since MockFileStoreManager now
inherits the standard superclass method getOutputStream. This class
allows tests to request an exception is thrown when this method is
called.

Updated Subversion JavaDoc.

--
MKSearch (alpha)

http://www.mksearch.mkdoc.org/

Free, open source metadata search engine with RDF storage and query.