[MKSearch-dev] Week 16 round up

Phil Shaw phil at codestyle.org
Thu Jan 27 21:01:52 GMT 2005

The basic alpha system is now working from end to end. I can query
the triples gathered by the spider via the new HttpQuery servlet or
command line Java application. I'll aim to get Tomcat running on my
GUN/Linux system next week so you can replicate the build on the test
machine.

I would appreciate it if you could update and take a look at the
query parse rules I have drafted to see if they make sense to you.

$mk_home/doc/javadoc/com/mkdoc/servlet/HttpQuery.html#getQueryTerms(ja
va.lang.String)

Best regards,

Phil

Monday
~~~~~~
Completed first drafts of query servlet with supporting test classes
and mock objects. Generated Java documentation for the project and
committed. Updated the Ant coverage test target with new packages and
added tests to complete. Created a first draft SeRQLQueryBuilder
class. See the SeRQL guide below, it has a similar scheme to SQL.

http://www.openrdf.org/doc/users/ch06.html

Tuesday
~~~~~~~
Completed the first draft SeRQLQueryBuilder and initial test classes
for it. Changed the default conditional combination to OR, rather
than AND. Developed initial test suite for the renamed HttpQuery
servlet and introduced a MockServletOutputStream to test output.

Wednesday
~~~~~~~~~
Added title and description parameter handling to HttpQuery and
SeRQLQueryBuilder. Introduced a new ResultsRenderer interface and
created a TextResultsRenderer for formatting and testing basic
servlet output. Created a command line RepositoryQuery application to
check free-form SeRQL queries against the repository, plus a Windows
batch script to run the class. First query results from the MKSearch
test site.

Thursday
~~~~~~~~
Changed the colon separator in Dublin Core query parameters to a dot
separator, following Chris' notes below. Spent much of the rest of
the day adapting and re-factoring HttpQuery to accept phrase search
queries -- see JavaDoc reference above.

http://testers.mkdoc.com/ideas/search/

--
<URL:http://www.codestyle.org/>