[MKSearch-dev] Tomcat and ClasspathX

Phil Shaw phil at codestyle.org
Wed Jan 26 11:35:02 GMT 2005

Chris,

This gives a review date of February for the adoption of ClasspathX
dependencies for Tomcat. Might be worth a follow-up to see where they
stand on this now.

Phil

Subject: Re: classpathx
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:16:21 -0500
From: Fernando Nasser <fnasser-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.jpackage.general

Jason Corley wrote:
> Does anyone know if the classpathx rpms are full implementation
> replacements for javamail and jaf?  I'd love to rid myself of those
> deps for tomcat.

Now they are.  Tom Fitzsimmons added inetlib to the mail package.

But these have not been extensively tested by us yet as it is very hard to test
the mail thing.  I was able to send e-mails from applications running inside
JOnAS at least.

To test JAF, one needed something that used extensively mime types and other
binary to text and vice-versa transformations.

Classpathx folks believe they are very complete and stable.  I may be able to
give a better estimate of this by February.

If I was to say, I guess it is too early to replace them in Tomcat.  And Apache
Geronimo may well come up with an Apache licensed replacement and get Tomcat to
use it upstream (and solve our problem).

Regards,
Fernando

--
<URL:http://www.codestyle.org/>