Jpackage stuff, was: Re: [MKSearch-dev] Week 15 round up

Phil Shaw phil at mkdoc.com
Mon Jan 24 19:13:20 GMT 2005

On 24 Jan 2005, at 16:07, Chris Croome wrote:

> OK, I have installed tomcat, ant and junit as per:
>
>   http://www.mksearch.mkdoc.org/howto/jpackage-fc3/

Thanks Chris, I'll take a look at this in the morning. I did mean to
send to the list, but got the default reply-to I think.

> > > </VirtualHost>
>
> Um, this is better than using the mod_jk-ap20 rpm package that is
> available for connecting apache to tomcat?

Using a proxy should be simpler to get us started. The JK connector
creates two-way hooks between HTTPd and Tomcat for closer
integration. There is also a Warp connector which is recommended
these days I think. Tomcat connectors use custom socket-based
protocols and can be tricky to set up. If you find these and have the
disk space, it would do no harm to install them now, I can configure
them later.

> Also, I think I need to do some other stuff for the rest of the day,
> this took longer than I expected (though I should have known better
> ;-)

That's okay, reading your later post it sounds like you might need to
start over :-(