[MKSearch-dev] Week 17 round up

Phil Shaw phil at mkdoc.com
Fri Feb 4 18:31:41 GMT 2005

Thanks to Chris for his help with JPackage and yum this week. I still
haven't got the test deployment working on GNU/Linux, so I'll keep at
it over the next few weeks. Got the query servlet running with Tomcat
on Windows, so calling a close to alpha development.

I would appreciate any feedback on my query parsing notes from last
week:

$mk_home/doc/javadoc/com/mkdoc/servlet/HttpQuery.html#getQueryTerms(ja
va.lang.String)

Best regards,

Phil

Tuesday
~~~~~~~
Spent most of the day trying to install JPackage on my GNU/Linux
system and updating Chris' how to notes. Slow progress because yum
decided to update everything on my system and generally being on a
learning curve. Decided to go stepwise and get Ant running first,
which didn't work straight off. Posted some questions to the JPackage
message board, still working it out. Also spent some time mirroring
the development environment on GNU/Linux and bringing the bash build
scripts up to date with the latest Sesame and JSpider classpath
settings.

Wednesday
~~~~~~~~~
Switching between diagnostics on GNU/Linux, set up Tomcat 5 on my
Windows system and prepared a basic Ant deployment and server
configuration. Added Ant filter copy variables for various Tomcat
configuration parameters and committed a skeleton directory structure
for the deployment. Got the alpha HttpQuery servlet up and running
interactively, then created an XhtmlResultsRenderer to get a basic,
source-linked result page.