[MKSearch-dev] Tomcat on FC4

Phil Shaw phil at mkdoc.com
Fri Aug 26 15:07:17 BST 2005

On 16 Aug 2005, at 12:32, Chris Croome wrote:

>   Preparing build directory...
>   mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/local/mksearch/build/jaxp': No such file or directory

This is the standard build structure I have use, but I removed this
directory from Subversion because the build scripts purge the
directory before they compile. This was causing update problems
with subversion.

I have added the -p flag to the build script to make any necessary
parent directories. This was the only case amongst all the scripts
that omitted it.

mkdir -p $mk_build/jaxp

> I have attached the output and also the errors I got in the terminal.

I created some working notes below for this and any other issues
that come up. These are not additional instructions, just my
reference notes, I will trim them down as we progress.

http://www.mksearch.mkdoc.org/documentation/build-notes-for-fc4/

The problems you found were because the version of JTidy we have
been using had an older implementation of the W3C DOM. This
was the latest released version, r7 from 2000. I have replaced this
with the latest CVS source, compiled and tested. It passes all our
unit tests and has a current DOM implementation. It also fixes
numerous bugs that we have not witnessed with MKSearch to date.

I haven't done a test build under Cygwin or FC3 yet (I'll get on to it
next week), but I think JTidy and MKSearch should build on FC4
now. Please update and give it a go if you have some time.

Best regards,

Phil

--
MKSearch (alpha)

http://www.mksearch.mkdoc.org/

Free, open source metadata search engine with RDF storage and query.