[MKSearch-dev] Open Office document/filesystem indexing

Phil Shaw phil at mkdoc.com
Fri Apr 8 08:58:18 BST 2005

This is a "memo to self" on added features. I came across this draft
book on the Open Office document format and learned that:

1. It's all in XML
2. It's stored as a Java archive
3. It contains DC metadata

See chapter 2:

http://books.evc-cit.info/book.html

It should be reasonably easy to walk a filesystem directory
structure, find and index these documents using MKSearch. This could
make document metadata available on an intranet, so people know who
to ask for copy or could get it directly.

I think Microsoft Office 11 went XML too, there may be similar
features.

--
MKSearch (alpha)

<URL:http://www.mksearch.mkdoc.org/>

Free, open source metadata search engine with RDF storage and query.