[MKSearch-dev] Bash interface to JTidy

Phil Shaw phil at mkdoc.com
Wed Oct 27 18:47:22 BST 2004

I have checked in a bash interface to JTidy, which should operate
like the C version on the command line. There are updated
instructions in $mk_home/bin/README.txt

I wrote the script as a way to quickly check core operation using GNU
tools, without any other classes coming in between. I haven't had the
chance to check it in detail yet, beyond the basic -v argument:

	$ $mk_home/bin/run-jtidy.sh -v
	Java HTML Tidy release date: 4th August 2000
	See http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett for details

I believe it supports all the standard command line arguments, see:

	http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/

If you would like to check and/or correct any HTML files, please have
a go using this interface. I have used JTidy with the Sun JVM and it
is quite robust, so this is mainly to check the GNU runtime
environment and gij interpreter.

Cheers,

Phil