[MKSearch-dev] Compiling on linux (was:Week 2 round up)

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Fri Oct 22 17:02:21 BST 2004

Hi

(taking this back onto the list...)

On Fri 22-Oct-2004 at 03:17:08PM +0100, Phil Shaw wrote:
> On 22 Oct 2004, at 13:29, Bruno Postle wrote:
>
> > On a fedora linux machine I needed to install the gcc-java
> > package.
>
> Okay good, hopefully that was quite simple. Do you think it would
> be worth documenting some typical gcc installation procedures?
>
> > The bash scripts are stored in DOS text format, so I had to
> > convert them to unix format before bash would run them:
>
> Sorry, that was a silly oversight with my text editor. I've
> committed corrections with Unix format.

Subversion has stuff for dealing with this, on projects where it's a
mixture of windows usera nd linux users I tend to set all the file
to be in unix format, for example to do this for a index.html file
do this:

  svn ps svn:eol-style LF index.html

  http://wiki.slugbug.org.uk/Subversion#Setting_properties

Chris