(Fwd) Re: [MKSearch-dev] Project plan

Phil Shaw phil at mkdoc.com
Mon Oct 11 19:34:01 BST 2004

This was blocked in my new guise as phil at mkdoc.com, so re-sending as
a subscriber. I didn't realise there is a public mail archive. I
shall have to be more circumspect in future!

From:           	Phil Shaw <phil at mkdoc.com>
To:             	mksearch-dev at email-lists.org
Subject:        	Re: [MKSearch-dev] Project plan
Send reply to:  	phil at mkdoc.com
Date sent:      	Mon, 11 Oct 2004 19:04:26 +0100

On 11 Oct 2004, at 15:32, Chris Croome wrote:

> > and does this mean that all components must be GPL?
>
> No, but it get's a bit complicated... this should help:
>
>   http://www.fsf.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html

Thanks, some reading for my next shift...

>   http://wiki.slugbug.org.uk/Subversion#Setting_properties

And more... thanks.

The Jena site doesn't make the licencing situation at all clear. What
I have seen seems to be compromised by the Apache licence. But I have
just found Sesame at http://www.openrdf.org/, which looks a lot more
promising. Didn't have time to look at it in greater detail than to
discover it is GPL :-)

I uploaded my research to subversion, but it doesn't have the right
content type on the Web interface.

https://svn.mkdoc.com/mksearch/doc/licence/index.htm

I'd appreciate any feedback so far. I'll be back on MKSearch again on
Wednesday.

Cheers,

Phil