[MKSearch-dev] Project plan

Phil Shaw phil at codestyle.org
Mon Oct 11 12:26:31 BST 2004

On 7 Oct 2004, at 10:40, Chris Croome wrote:

> > needed. Do you have a chart that shows which tasks Chris and Bruno
> > are on and what they'll be doing?
>
> I don't...

The most useful stuff you could do for me to begin with is sound-out
my queries on licencing, working conventions you have, etc. and
setting up a MK Doc site for the project. If you don't mind, I'd like
to short-cut some personal research and just ask you.

BTW, is this "MKSearch" or "MK Search"?

> mksearch.mkdoc.org might make sense?

I'll go with this. Normally Java packages only use the TLD and
primary domain, not the sub-domain, so it'll be
"org.mkdoc.packagename".

> Of course we would need to set this email address up ;-)

Should I set up a signature file to use? What's the format?

> reading a thread here about the problem with GPL code using BSD
> libraries...

This is the main task I'm on today. Researching and documenting a GPL
development environment. Is it intended to use the GPL licence for
this, and does this mean that all components must be GPL?

All okay so far, but I haven't compiled a byte yet... that's step two.

Does subversion have a way to automatically version-number source
code as it is uploaded?

Cheers,

Phil

--