[MKSearch-dev] Project plan

Phil Shaw phil at codestyle.org
Thu Oct 7 16:33:59 BST 2004

On 7 Oct 2004, at 10:40, Chris Croome wrote:

> mksearch.mkdoc.org might make sense?

Okay I'll work with this.

> Good idea, why don't we set up mksearch.mkdoc.org as a MKDoc site for
> this?

I was thinking the subversion directory structure would work as a
site structure. Is there some way for subversion to deploy to a live
directory? I could write an Ant target.

Can you do that and forward to me, mkdoc at codestyle.org?

> Also we should check there terms jena is available under -- I was just
> reading a thread here about the problem with GPL code using BSD
> libraries...
>
>   http://lwn.net/Articles/105094/

Hmm, interesting. I can certainly set out using the GNU Classpath and
Extensions packages. A quick scan shows they have all the standard
packages I use.

The Jena licence seems free, but software licencing is not a strong
area for me.

http://jena.sourceforge.net/license.html

Perhaps if I collect the licencing information as I go and file it in
the project area you could check it over for me?

Does the Apache licence rule out its use? Jena has Apache components
and others. I don't understand the BSD aspect.

Best regards,

Phil

--
<URL:http://www.codestyle.org/>