[MKSearch-dev] Project plan

Phil Shaw phil at codestyle.org
Thu Oct 7 09:39:34 BST 2004

On 6 Oct 2004, at 16:49, Adam Moran wrote:

> Annex B of the document entitled 001_quarter_report_annexes.sxw is the
> up-to-date project plan. This was compiled using Imendio Planner:
> http://www.imendio.com/projects/planner/

You're determined to get me onto Linux aren't you ;o)

> Also, we need to integrate these modules with the existing data store
> [1] and make an alpha release.

Yes, I'll definitely be using Java for this. To bring things forward
as rapidly as possible I'll set out using Jena. This is not a pure
triple store in the way the proposal sets out because it uses a SQL
database for persistent storage.

http://jena.sourceforge.net/

http://simile.mit.edu/reports/stores/index.html#SECTION000510000000000
00000

My preference is PostgreSQL, which I have on my workstation and my
own Web host. I think you guys prefer MySQL, so the system should  be
flexible enough to switch between the two.

http://www.postgresql.org/

> OK. Other than your time allocation, Chris and Bruno are each
> allocated 20 days for this quarter on the above tasks.

> I've exported the file to HTML and attached it as well

The HTML output was much clearer, the task list was just what I
needed. Do you have a chart that shows which tasks Chris and Bruno
are on and what they'll be doing?

It's a convention in Java to name packages using the reverse of the
company's domain name, so a MK Doc package name would start
com.mkdoc. Do you plan to buy a domain name for MK Search?

In a similar vein, I would like to build a project documentation site
as I go. I can keep it plain to start with, but if there are page
templates you would like me to use, please give me a pointer.

I would appreciate some directions on what to put in the source code
in terms of licence and copyright statements.

Best regards,

Phil

--
<URL:http://www.codestyle.org/>