[MKSearch-dev] Week 5 round up

Phil Shaw phil at mkdoc.com
Fri Nov 12 19:31:33 GMT 2004

Bruno has reported some problems testing JTidy on his system, so I'm
going to take another look at this next week. Then to get JSpider up
and running under Cygwin...

I think its about time I came up to Sheffield to talk about this
project. How about 22 or 23 November?

Best regards,

Phil

Wednesday afternoon
-------------------

Worked through basic configuration requirements for JSpider to deduce
the minimum working requirements with the Sun runtime on Windows.
Transferred the key components into the MKSearch directory structure.

Submitted some bug reports to the project; the link parser is
currently too greedy and spiders commented-out links and link markup
in pre elements.

Thursday
--------

Further test runs with JSpider under Windows, working through the
user manual and studying detailed configuration. Submitted detailed
feedback on the user manual to the project. Committed an initial
JSpider directory structure to Subversion.

Chained the JSpider build script to the lister script to
automatically generate a source listing before compilation. Added
JAXP service property files to the build to specify the GNU parser
classes.

Added some basic documentation on file types to the MKSearch site.
Committed various Java classes and source directories to bring the
Subversion repository up to date with my local changes.

Friday morning

Updated the build scripts to check the environment variables are set
before cleaning the build directories and making the chaining work
independently of the users' working directory. Also added progress
messages throughout.