[MKSearch-dev] Test scripts for JSpider

Phil Shaw phil at mkdoc.com
Wed Dec 8 14:01:58 GMT 2004

I have renamed the Java execution scripts in the /bin directory to
use a prefix that indicates the Java interpreter to be used.

gij-	For the GNU interpreter
java-   For the Sun interpreter

GIJ throws an exception with JSpider on my GCJ 3.3.3 installation,
but please try it if you're using a later version -- it may have
fixed the relevant bugs:

$mk_home/bin/gij-jspider.sh http://test.mksearch.mkdoc.org/ jtidy

The Sun version uses the same scheme, but requires a $JAVA_HOME
environment variable for the _base_ installation directory, not the
bin subdirectory. The script appends the path to the executable.

I can't test this with my Cygwin set-up, so please give it a whirl
and see what happens:

$mk_home/bin/java-jspider.sh http://test.mksearch.mkdoc.org/ jtidy

Both require an output folder at $mk_home/output and will write the
five tidied files there.

Good luck.

Phil