[MKDoc-users] mkdoc from a sub directory

Bruno Postle bruno at webarchitects.co.uk
Thu Sep 23 08:31:33 BST 2004

On Wed 22-Sep-2004 at 20:50 -0400, Andrew Brosnan wrote:

> I plan on taking MKDoc for a test drive, but I would like to set it up
> under a sub directory, e.g. www.example.com/mkdoc. I've had a look at
> the install docs, but it's not clear to me how I would do this. Could
> someone point the way?

I won't say that you can't because I can think of several ways of
doing it with various bits of apache trickery.

None of them are very straightforward - How much do you want to do
this?

I would start by getting MKDoc running normally and create the
/mkdoc/ document.

Then in the $SITE_DIR/httpd/http.conf file, for each VirtualHost,
change this line:

  Alias /               /path/to/mkdoc/cgi/mkdoc.cgi/

..so it looks like this:

  Alias /mkdoc/         /path/to/mkdoc/cgi/mkdoc.cgi/mkdoc/

This *should* persuade MKDoc to only serve requests for the /mkdoc/
path - Everything else such as / or /foo/ will be served by the
remainder of the VirtualHost configuration.

Warning, this is untested and there are probably a few snags I
haven't thought of.

--
Bruno