[MKDoc-users] message for new user

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at mkdoc.com
Wed Jun 4 12:34:48 BST 2003

> Thanks for the information about perl 5.8. I don't recall exactly now
> what the problem was that was mentioned, but I do recall that it was
> concerned with signal handling and (I think) concurrent processes,
> which don't apply, as far as I know, to any of the software I run. I
> was just thinking today I might install it instead of 5.6.1. Anyway,
> since 5.6.1 installed so easily, I think I'll give it a try first.

Yes. MKDoc 1.4 runs exclusively on Perl 5.6.1 while MKDoc 1.6 will run
exclusively on Perl 5.8. This is because Unicode handling in Perl 5.6.x
series is quite different from Perl 5.8's.

Anyway have fun playing around with MKDoc. The installation can be a bit
tricky sometimes so don't hesistate to ask questions on the users list.

Building a better web - http://www.mkdoc.com/