[MKDoc-users] Hyperlinks

Chris Croome chris@mkdoc.com
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:27:13 +0100

Hi

On Mon 29-Apr-2002 at 12:53:34PM -0700, Donald Blackstock wrote:

> It seems that as long as there is a link component created someplace
> you can just use the same title within a text componet and the word
> will appear as a hyperlink in the text

That's right :-)

> This is where it was needed
>
>   http://www.boothcentre.org.uk/work/activities/conservation-work
>
> However I am now left with a stray BTCV link at the bottom of the
> page...

That's because you are using the 'links listing bottom' template, change
it to the default template and it will go away.

A couple of small points, this URI: http://www.btcv.org will always
result in a 302 Redirect to: http://www.btcv.org/ -- best put the slash
in youreslf.

Also this a good example of a case where it makes sense to use the Link
Component Description field -- why not put the full title of the
organisation in here (what the abbreviation BCTV stands for).

Chris Croome                                         <chris@mkdoc.com>
MKDoc                                                http://mkdoc.com/