[MKDoc-users] Internal links

adam moran adam@mkdoc.com
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:46:50 +0100

hi donald

> I don't understand how the internal links come to be highlighted.

each mkdoc page automatically contains links to its child pages in 2
ways

1.	in the child document listing - this is the list at the top left hand
side of the page on your web site which lists all child pages on any
page

2.	if an element of text entered in a 'Text' or a 'HTML' component of
the parent page matches the 'Title' of a child page, then this is turned
into a internal hyperlink to the child document

eg. if you were to make the page 'A garden poem' a child document of
this document

http://www.boothcentre.org.uk/centre-people/george/my-poems/

then your present text would automatically contain an hyperlink to your
page:

'You can read the poem I wrote about the Booth Centre garden on the page
 A garden poem.'
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 (hyperlink)

> wanted a reference on this page
> http://www.boothcentre.org.uk/centre-people/george/my-poems/
>
> to link to this page
> http//www.boothcentre.org.uk/overview-of-work/activities/gardening/a-garden-poem/

for you to do this you would need to add a 'Link' component to this
page:

http://www.boothcentre.org.uk/centre-people/george/my-poems/

and give it this 'Address (URI)':
/overview-of-work/activities/gardening/a-garden-poem/

let me know if this makes sense
--
adam moran           contracts manager

http://mkdoc.com    content management