[MKDoc-users] Use of templates

Chris Croome chris@mkdoc.com
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 13:50:46 +0000

Hi Donald

On Tue 05-Mar-2002 at 12:36:56 -0000, Donald Blackstock wrote:

> I don't understand where the templates are held or how they can be
> edited.  How do I get access to different templates?

Currently there is no web interface for editing the templates.

Personally I have a copy of MKDoc running on my workstation and I have
it set up so that I can just change one symlink and restart apache in
order to switch from one set of templates to another. I wouldn't
recommend editing the templates without testing them on a local server
since it's easy to break a MKDoc site by making a mistake in the
templates. WhenI'm happy with whatever changes I make to the template I
then upload them to the live servers filesystem.

Does this make sense?

Chris Croome                                         <chris@mkdoc.com>
MKDoc                                                http://mkdoc.com/