[MKDoc-users] RE: MKDoc demo, up and running...:)

Jay Chowdhury jaichowdhury@yahoo.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 16:44:35 -0400

Jean-Michel: Hi.

All's well; the new httpd.conf.tmpl worked fine.

Tks for the templates info...I'm looking into it.

Just curious: Is it possible to use another templating system -- I was
thinking specifically of HTML_Tree, which uses valid HTML templates that are
parsed into a DOM, and then programmatically modified to use the content
nodes. Or another system?

Tks, Jai

-----Original Message-----
From: Jean-Michel Hiver [mailto:jhiver@cisedi.com]
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2001 2:08 PM
To: Jay Chowdhury
Cc: mkdoc-users@webarch.co.uk
Subject: Re: MKDoc demo, up and running...:)

Hi Jay,

> end). However, I went and tried them from shell, and everything went very
> smoothly :)...Thanks.

That's a good news :)

> I'm not running mod_perl, so I had to comment out everything from line 9
> 45 for the Apache test configuration to work. Is this OK? I also had the
> mysql/bench/run.bat problem, but it seems to have sorted out, too.

I'm afraid that won't work. I have attached a httpd.conf.tmpl file with
this email, try to erase c:\opt\mkdoc\conf\httpd.conf.tmpl with this
file. Then re-run install.pl in c:\opt\test so that it re-writes the
files. Finally, restart apache and tell me how it goes.

> Now, comes my part...Are there any docs on setting up the site content --
> templates, etc.? I'm going to check the files themselves, but if there are
> some docs lying around it might save some time.

To use the editor interface, you can find extensive help on
http://mkdoc.com/help

For the templates, I * started * writing some docs (see attached draft)
but it's not there yet. If you know HTML, you can hack the templates in
any good text editor. Make sure to backup them first.

If you use WYSIWYG editors, it's probably best for you to wait for a
week or two before you start to play with them, as I'm currently
implementing much better WYSIWYG support.

Thanks for your interest in our product!
Best regards,

--
Jean-Michel Hiver - Software Director
jhiver@mkdoc.com  - http://www.mkdoc.com