[MKDoc-modules] ANNOUNCE: i18nfool 0.1

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Mon Jul 26 13:51:03 BST 2004

Hi

On Sat 24-Jul-2004 at 11:48:14 +0100, Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:

> i18nfool-extract
> ----------------
>
> To extract strings from your templates and produce a bunch of .pot files
> (one per domain):
>
>     mkdir /opt/myapp/locale
>     cd /opt/myapp/locale
>     i18nfool-extract file1 file2 ... fileN

OK, I did this, I got the list of template like so:

  $ grep -rl i18n /usr/local/mkdoc-1-8/resources/templates/ | xargs

and then passed that list to i18nfool-extract.

> This will create
>
>     /opt/myapp/locale/default.pot
>     /opt/myapp/locale/some_domain.pot
>     /opt/myapp/locale/some_other_domain.pot

Since so far we are just using 'mkdoc' for the domain it generated just
one file:

  mkdoc.pot

And things like this look OK:

  msgid "Audiences"
  msgstr ""

  msgid "breadcrumb-prefix"
  msgstr ""

But this looks odd?

  msgid "search-input-title;
                           onblur search-input-onblur;
                           onfocus search-input-onfocus
                           value search-input"
  msgstr ""

But perhaps I just don't know what .pot files should like... :-)