[MKDoc-modules] Encoding issues

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Sat Oct 4 21:08:47 BST 2003

Jean-Michel,

In the test files that I just sent regarding the problems with Petal
running in taintmode under Apache, I am seeing an issue regarding
encoding.

If you look in the category.tmpl file at the lines that define the
needsfacts Array (yeah, it's JavaScript), you'll see that each element
in the array has a key inside of double-quotes. When Petal processes
this template, it converts these quotes to &quote;. This results in a
JavaScript error when the document is loaded and thus breaks the
functionality.

How can I get around this issue? (besides not using Javascript which is
I'm sure at the tip of your tongue ;-)

Thanks,
William

--