[MKDoc-dev] Problem with photo creation dates

Jamie Marriott jamie at burngreave.net
Mon Apr 2 16:13:18 BST 2007

Hi,

I've found what I consider to be a flaw with the creation date field on photo
components.

I am currently creating a page on our website which uses a number of old
photographs. The year they were taken is known, but not the actual month and
day. Annoyingly, I have to know all three...

However, this is not the main problem - I'm just putting anything for the final
two parts! - what IS a problem is that I am being told that 1950 and 1948 are
NOT valid dates. Of course, they ARE valid dates, but I'm guessing MKDoc must
have a list of years that don't go back as far as the invention of photography.
Or even the first of the last century!

I think this is something that should be fixed, OR the creation date should be
made truly optional, and NOT be replaced by today's date if you try and leave
it blank!

Jamie