[MKDoc-dev] Super User Interface

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 19:06:57 GMT 2006

Hi

On Fri 03-Feb-2006 at 06:13:01PM +0000, Adam Moran wrote:

> I've redrafted the SU interface, attached.

Nice one.

> With respect to the *Groups*, I've not included the *Description*
> field -- This is seldom used, and is repetitive.
>
> With respect to the *Audiences*, I've 'done away' with the
> *Identifier* field -- Surely this can be generated from the *Label*
> field ?

I'm not sure if the Group Description is used for anything important --
we might need to check this first...

I agree that the Identifier is pointless and I think 1.8 had this hidden
already...

There are quite a lot of inconsistencies with this stuff -- we should aim to
just use the terms Name and Title for things like this where the Name is ascii
and -'s, no other chars and the Title is UTF-8 but no line feeds and limited in
length. For some things we might need Descriptions but mostly Name and Title
will do and the Name can generally be auto generated from the Title like
happens at the moment with URIs...