[SOLVED] MKDoc requires CGI.pm 3.11 or earlier, was: Re: [MKDoc-dev] [1.6] Redirect bugs?

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Tue Apr 11 12:47:37 BST 2006

Hi

On Thu 06-Apr-2006 at 10:56:23AM +0100, Chris Croome wrote:

> What is odd is that I'm only getting this with a brand new install on
> a new FC5 server -- old installs don't seem to have this problem. I
> have looked at the environment settings and there doesn't seem to be
> anything wrong but the env or perhaps one of the perl modules that
> MKDoc depends on might be causing this problem...?

I thought it might be down to CGI.pm, these changes seem like they could
have perhaps broken MKDoc:

  Version 3.13

      1. Removed extraneous empty "?" from end of self_url().

  Version 3.12

      7. The url() and self_url() methods now work better in the context
         of Apache mod_rewrite. Be advised that path_info() may give you
         confusing results when mod_rewrite is active because Apache
         calculates the path info *after* rewriting.  This is mostly
         worked around in url() and self_url(), but you may notice some
         anomalies.

  Version 3.11

     3. Workaround for a bug that appears in Apache2 versions through
        2.0.54 in which SCRIPT_NAME and PATH_INFO are incorrect if the
        additional path_info contains a double slash. This workaround
        will handle the common case of
        http://mysite.com/cgi-bin/log.cgi/http://www.some.other.site/args,
        but will not handle the uncommon case of a ScriptAlias directive
        that adds additional path information to the end of the
        translated URI.

  http://search.cpan.org/src/LDS/CGI.pm-3.17/Changes

And after installing a old version of CGI.pm (3.10) everything starts to
work again :-)

It is also OK with 3.11, with 3.12 it breaks as described earlier in this
thread and the extra "?" is appended to URLs.

It is also broken with all later versions.

So -- MKDoc requires CGI.pm 3.11 or earlier.