[MKDoc-dev] [bug] Error messages when uploading files other than jpegs using the photo component

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Tue Nov 22 13:20:53 GMT 2005

Hi

It was reported in irc last night that the latest (updated last week)
CVS version of MKDoc 1.6 generates this error in the logs when a png is
uploaded using a photo component:

 Cannot upload image: Exception 450: Unsupported marker type 0xa3 at
 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4/CGI/Carp.pm line 314.
 at /home/mkdoc/mkd/flo/Editor.pm line 483

I have now amended the photo component so that it is clear that only
jpegs are supported, however I haven't been able to reproduce the error
message above.

I think we also need to tell the user that they have tried to upload a
unsupported file type and that they should retry with a jpeg rather than
png uploads simply failing silently...