[MKDoc-dev] RSS auto-discovery and firefox 1.5

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Thu Nov 17 11:42:45 GMT 2005

Hi

On Wed 16-Nov-2005 at 07:04:53PM +0000, Bruno Postle wrote:

> link rel="alternate syndication" should work instead of just
> "syndication"

OK, I have changed it to this, perhaps we should also consider serving
RDF as application/rdf+xml -- the RFC went through for this last year
[1]... is this MIME type supported by Firefox yet?

We have been using application/xml because the spec says:

  The current mime-type recommendation for an RSS 1.0 document is
  application/xml. However, work is currently being done to register a
  mime-type for RDF (and possibly RSS). The RDF (or preferably RSS)
  mime-type should be used once it has been registered.

  http://purl.org/rss/1.0/spec#s5_mimetype

Chris

[1] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3870.txt