List Component WAS Re: [MKDoc-dev] [BUG] Headlines component "List leaf documents only" option only works for anon access

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Fri Mar 18 12:00:24 GMT 2005

Hi

On Thu 17-Mar-2005 at 05:14:06 +0000, Adam Moran wrote:

> I've done a mock-up:
>
> http://testers.mkdoc.com/ideas/2005/list-component/

That's an improvement :-)

The other function that we would ideally incorporate into this is the
ability to list child documents in their sort order (ie like a directory
listing on a static web site), this would enable us to get rid of the
child listing templates (which are rather odd).

In addition being able to do a sorted child and grandchild (and also
perhaps child, grandchild and great grandchild) listing would be great
for portal type sites, I'm thinking of a listing like the Yahoo front
page used to have, eg:

  http://web.archive.org/web/20010124000500/http://www.yahoo.com/

This would be good for sections of sites like this one:

  http://www.multikulti.org.uk/agencies/

Where the child documents don't actually have any content but just list
further child documents.

A few years ago I did a mock up of something like this but it looks to
me now that it has too many options:

  http://testers.mkdoc.com/ideas/components/list/child/