[MKDoc-dev] [BUG] 1.6 Auto linking / XHTML validity bug

Bruno Postle bruno at mkdoc.com
Sat Feb 19 09:52:26 GMT 2005

On Thu 17-Feb-2005 at 22:57 +0000, Chris Croome wrote:

> Has one HTML component with this as the first line:
>
>  <h4>Friday, 5<sup>th</sup> November 2004</h4>
>
> And there is also a link component:
>
>  Address (URI):        http://www.three.co.uk/
>  Title:                3

> the generated page has this, invalid, XHTML:

>  <h4>Friday, 5<sup>th&(<a href="http://www.three.co.uk/"
>  class="mkdoc-link" title="External link to the 3 website.">3</a>)
>  November 2004</sup></h4>

This must be a bug in MKDoc::XML::Tagger, which inserts placeholders
within the XML during the tagging process.  The placeholders use the
&(3) style notation.

I am suprised that this situation doesn't result in a zombie apache
process due to this bugfix I added in December:

  http://lists.webarch.co.uk/pipermail/mkdoc-commit/2004-December/000624.html

--
Bruno