[MKDoc-dev] Using Apache::Dynagzip rather than mod_gzip

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Tue Apr 19 10:20:55 BST 2005

Hi

On Mon 18-Apr-2005 at 12:05:00 -0500, Slava Bizyayev wrote:
> From my point of view it looks mainly like an incompatibility of the
> site code with the Apache::Filter requirements. See Apache::Filter
> docs for the right way to send out HTTP headers.

Yeah, I'm sure think you are right :-)

I think it would make sense for MKDoc to be able to run with
Apache::Filter.

Also there are some things that are not right about the way that MKDoc
currently does headers, I don't know where the problem lies but on some
servers error document don't have content, eg:

  http://www.bndfc.co.uk/asdf

Also if / when some work is done on MKDoc::Apache_Cache [1] (currently
it's not working as it should) it might make sense to make this work
with Apache::Filter?

Chris

[1] http://search.cpan.org/~bpostle/MKDoc-Apache_Cache-0.71/lib/MKDoc/Apache_Cache.pm