[MKDoc-dev] self_uri stripping port number

Bruno Postle bruno at mkdoc.com
Thu Sep 30 13:45:35 BST 2004

Charlie wrote:

> I found that self_uri in MKDoc::Core::Request is a bit too agressive
> with stripping out port numbers. The regex was (from what I can
> read) stripping any port numbers starting with 80, not just port 80.
> I modified it back to the v1.6 behaviour so that port 8080 remains
> in the url.

I've released a new version of MKDoc::Core with this configurable
port stripping:

  http://search.cpan.org/~bpostle/MKDoc-Core-0.91/

..and made the appropriate changes to the 1.8 install script so this
option is available in the httpd-env.conf file.

It checks out ok with our manual testing, and since it defaults to
the existing behaviour I've backported it to the 1.6 branch too.

We'll probably do a new release of both branches in a few days as
there have been a few small fixes lately.

--
Bruno