[MKDoc-dev] self_uri stripping port number

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Sun Sep 26 04:22:15 BST 2004

Good afternoon,

On 25/9/04 at 7:56 PM +0100, Chris Croome <chris at webarchitects.co.uk> wrote:

>OK, cool, I'll add this patch in.

Thanks,

>> %ENV is used for many other config options. Is this another one to be
>> configured that way? What about multiple port numbers? Should the
>> variable (eg $ENV{MKD__PORT_TO_STRIP}) be something like:
>>
>>     MKD__PORT_TO_STRIP  "80,8080,8081"
>>
>> or assign the actual regex snippet:
>>
>>     MKD__PORT_TO_STRIP  ":80\d?\d?"
>>
>> The first is less prone to user error (in the config file) but is not as
>> efficient. I prefer the second option. Maybe both are appropriate using
>> MKD__PORT_TO_STRIP and MKD__PORT_TO_STRIP_REGEX.
>
>That sounds like a good plan to me :-)

I'll add that to my todo list.

>> Will the MKDoc::Core modules become part of the cvs repository? Or should
>> submissions for those modules always be sent via the mailing list?
>
>They are in CVS, for example:
>
>  cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs at cvs.mkdoc.com:/var/spool/cvs login
>  cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anoncvs at cvs.mkdoc.com:/var/spool/cvs co MKDoc-Core

Thanks, I've grabbed the ones I want.

>There was a MKDoc-modules list set up when there were just some
>modules that were Free software:

>And we could use that list or we could do it here if we want to wind
>down that list.

I haven't been a list member long enough to really make suggestions based on
content. But I would prefer fewer lists since too many lists makes it
difficult (sometimes) to choose which list is appropriate to post to. If
volume gets too high on one list, then break it down into more specific lists.

Thanks,
Charlie

--
   Charlie Garrison  <garrison at zeta.org.au>
   PO Box 141, Windsor, NSW 2756, Australia