[MKDoc-dev] Events Component, pull down menus

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Wed Oct 20 16:39:19 BST 2004

Hi

I have added the timerange template into cvs, the repeated
petal:attributes has me confused, eg:

  <select
    id="timerange_from_month"
    name="timerange_from_month"
    title="Select the start month."
    petal:attributes="name name_to_date; id name_to_date; value self/to_date"
    petal:attributes="name name_from_month; id name_from_month"

    <option value="">Month</option>
    <option
      petal:repeat="month self/month_select string:from"
      petal:attributes="selected month/is_selected;
                        value    month/value;
                        title    month/label"
      petal:content="month/label"
    ></option>
  </select>

Is this a typo or a feature?! One problem that this could cause is that
the templates are not valid XML if there is a attribute that is
repeated (xmllint is a handy tool for checking this).

Also I want to add a <label> elements for each for for input element (as
accessibility standards require this) -- is it OK to do this now or
should I wait a while? I'm happy with you just doing basic functional
templates and then me doing more work on the appearance etc...